Friday, March 27, 2009

Take Control

When it comes to our personal finances, the most common answer that I hear is “Finance, I don’t understand it.” And my heart aches when I hear these words.

Money, though not everything, remains one of the most important things in life. Think about it, food, clothing, fuel for your car, kids education fee, electricity and phone bills are bought by money. I challenge you to write down 10 issues that you are facing and I bet, 8 of those could be solved if you had more financial resources. Ironically, from our childhood we hear “money is not good”. And this is the precise reason that we don’t get or teach financial education in our school, college or even in most of the MBA programs. Yes, they do educate you how to manage finances or cut costs or make your organizations rich, but not YOU.

I sincerely believe that like any other skill or education, managing finance can also be learnt. We just need to have a mindset, some focus and ready to put in some efforts.

Few starters:
1. Take control of YOUR personal finance.
2. It’s YOUR money and YOU need to understand it.
3. Take advice and NOT decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment